Enabling Technical Agility for the Lean Enterprise
What skills do you need to deliver high-quality, software-centric solutions faster and more predictably? In the Agile Software Engineering course, you’ll learn how modern practices like XP, behavior-driven development (BDD), and test-driven development (TDD) enable continuous value flow and built-in quality. This interactive, three-day course also provides guidance and tools to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
The Agile Software Engineering course will give you and your team the knowledge and tools to apply and build a test-first technical infrastructure. You’ll learn how to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) continuous delivery pipeline, and how to use automated testing. You’ll also develop a foundational understanding of Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles to apply in everyday practices.
- How to apply the test-first principle to align tests and requirements
- How to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Practices such as abstraction, encapsulation, and SOLID that build quality into code and design
- Foundational Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles and practices
- How to use the test infrastructure for automated testing
- How to design from context for testability.
Agile Software Engineering answers
- How do I build a test-first, principle-based team environment and technical infrastructure?
- How do Agile teams use BDD to create a shared understanding?
- How do we build in quality throughout the Continuous Delivery Pipeline?
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- One-year access to SAFe Studio™ with your first class attendance
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to better perform as part of an Agile Team
- Curated content-playlists based on your interests and roles, including templated resources and facilitation guides to get you started
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- SAFe Agile Software Engineer certification exam